Why Planning Too Much Can Delay Your Success
By: Patrick P. | October 17, 2016
A successful entrepreneur is one who can make his or her ideas come to life, even though there may be adversities that come their way or if the idea was not very good in the beginning. But what these successful entrepreneurs do have in common in that they don’t play with dice nor do they gamble too much with their idea. What they do is that they make little steps that are precise and well thought of. In this post, we will look at the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur and how you can be one, too.
You Have to Want It
Success has to come from a great desire to achieve it. You have to know what you want. Here, in fact, you don’t even need a lot of passion. What you need is the desire to start it. If you want to start something such as opening a restaurant, you will do anything and everything there is about restaurants and how to open one. You will be driven to learn more and more until you are confident that you can make it happen.
Take Small But Smart Steps
The next thing you can do is to take small but smart steps towards your goal and do it quickly. But what is a smart step? This is a kind of step which you can do with the resources that you have at hand. You make do with whatever resources and knowledge you have available. Here, you have to make sure that this step is not going to make you lose a lot. Bet small. That way, you won’t lose all of your resources at once in case your idea doesn’t launch the way you envisioned it. You will also get a chance to try again.
After you’ve done some experiment and tried out your ideas, it’s time to step back and take a moment to reflect on it. You will need to reflect because every act you take, your reality will change. Sometimes, the steps you took will be able to take you nearer to your goal. On some occasions, it may do the exact opposite. Either way, take the time to reflect. It is a way to see what works and what doesn’t. It will give you time to reassess the steps you are making and how to avoid making mistakes.
After you’re done reflecting, go back to step one and remember why you’re doing what you’re doing in the first place. Retrace your steps and see what went right and what went wrong. And repeat the ones that got your closer to your goal. This is how your make your dreams a reality.
As they say, “strike while the iron is hot.” But you have to find the right balance for this. Remember, small but smart steps. Don’t gamble everything away. Have numerous game plans on how you will be achieving your goal. Don’t spend all your resources in one try. This is important because if you don’t get nearer to your goal, you still have some resources to try again. With too much planning, you may miss out some great opportunities. Planning is important, but you have to act on it as well. After that, reflect on the things that worked and didn’t. And when you are ready, repeat and go after your dream.
- This is Now: Social Media Sharing An Astonishing Effect To Branding - May 19, 2017
- 4 Outreach Tools You Need To Know For Guest Blogging - May 17, 2017
- Why It Is Important for SEO to be In Any CXM Marketing Plan - May 10, 2017
- 7 Hacks To Not Lose Money From Improper Social Media Managing - May 3, 2017
- This Will Make You Love Content Writing - March 20, 2017
- How To Produce An Effective Content For SEO - March 9, 2017
- LVD’s Patrick Panuncillon Shares Secrets to Digital Marketing Success in First Payoneer Forum in Davao - February 15, 2017
- How to Boost AdWords Performance With Simple Yet Efficient Approaches - February 6, 2017
- How to Boost Business Productivity Through Useful Apps - February 1, 2017
- How To Identify Bad SEO from the Good One - January 23, 2017